Programs - Legacy Center Summer Camps
Programs - Legacy Center Summer Camps
Call 215-487-9555 or CLICK HERE to register for camp.
Structure and Camp Details:
Munchkins Camp – Lead by Coach Malik Hall, Munchkin Camp introduces 5 to 7 year-old children to the game of tennis through a variety of fun, skill-building activities. Players learn the fundamental stroke production and the “ABC’s” of tennis (Agility, Balance and Coordination). Participants will play on 36ft courts. Each week will have its own theme and will incorporate both on court and off court education.
Legacy Training Camp (LTC)* – Lead by Coaches Brian McGhee and Kein Wilson. Players in LTC will prepare to compete in district and sectional level tournaments. Players will focus on techniques and conditioning in the morning and work on strategy, point-play and shot selection in the afternoon. LTC players will also rotate through classroom sessions in the afternoon for video-based training and mental conditioning.
Players who train in the following clinics are eligible for Legacy Training Camp: Junior Competitive, Junior Future Stars, Future Stars, Academy, Junior Advanced.
Legacy Training Camp Elite (LTCE)* – Lead by Coaches Chad Hamilton and Justin O’Neal, LTC Elite is designed to help every participant reach their full potential by providing top-tier coaching from Legacy’s senior coaching staff at our state of the art facility while bringing together the most skilled and hard-working players in the area to compete against and support one another. Coaches will stress proper footwork, shot selection, situational point-play, physical, and mental fitness and maximum effort at all times.
Players who train in the following clinics are eligible for Legacy Training Camp Elite: High Performance, Maximum Performance.
- Low impact tennis related footwork/warm-up, including plyometric, coordination, balance, agility, and reflexes.
- Ready Steps (Pendulum and Bounce; Where and When)
- Split Steps (Fundamental Structure, Shift, Flow), Timing, Difference from Warm up to Match
- Foot Strikes (Toe, Ball, Heel) Cross Over Steps (Front, Back, Complex)
- Understanding the Movement “Compass”
- Balance, Agility and Speed (BAS)
- Focus on technical and footwork progressions
- Apply the skill development session through competitive games such as beat the pro, king of the court, one point tournament, etc.
1pm- 1:20pm Warm-up (Team-based games)
- Football, capture the flag, soccer, etc.
- Singles and Doubles: Matches, match scenarios, tie-breakers, etc.
- Strategy and point construction
- Video-based training
- Mental conditioning
Off-court training including video analysis with Coach Cha and mental conditioning with sports psychologist and peak performance Coach Amy Haller will take place during afternoon sessions in LTC and LTCE.
- Week 1 – “Get Air” Trampoline Park
- Week 2 – Movies
- Week 3 – Franklin Square
- Week 4 – Bowling
- Week 5 – Phillies Game (vs LA Dodgers)
- Week 6 – Rock Climbing
- Week 7 – Beach Trip (Full Day)
- Week 8 – Movies
- Week 9 – Mini Golf
- Week 10 – TBD
Munchkins Summer Camp now runs 10 weeks. Munchkins will now have the opportunity to join us for the full 10-week Summer Camp experience. Before-care and after-care available for a small additional fee.
Multiple and Combined Discounts Available
Discounts available for Bulk Registration:
5% off for registration of 3 weeks or more OR;
5% off for registration of 20 individual days or more.
Discounts available for Early Registration
- 5% off if paid in full by May 1st
- Sibling discount
- 10% off
All three discounts above CAN be combined.
Super Early Bird Registration: 10% off for registration and full payment by April 1st. (Not to be combined with other Early Registration Discounts.)
Contact the front desk at 215-487-9555 to register or for more information.